WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
For any persons who have been nominated as Fire Warden/Marshal be it on site, factory or in the office and is aimed specifically at those who may need to take charge in a fire situation.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
Delegates will gain an insight into the causes of fires and how they can be prevented, whilst looking at the legal requirements for fire management and procedures for evacuating a building. Delegates will have the opportunity to use different types of fire extinguisher in a controlled environment.
- An overview of relevant legislation
- Fire, what is it and how does it occur
- Fire prevention – Best practice for a safer workplace
- Fire procedures, what are they and how we develop them
- Raising the alarm
- Evacuation procedures & Building clearance checks
- How to minimise the risk
- Fire extinguishers – safety, user maintenance,When and how to use them.
- Practical Exercise in the Use of Extinguishers
- The fire risk assessment
- Fire safety audit techniques