Directors Role for Health and Safety
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course has been designed for company Directors with the aim of recognising the human and financial implications of health and safety legislation non-compliance. Exercises throughout the course allow the delegates the opportunity to discuss their thoughts about health and safety and their responsibilities in an open forum.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
Recognise the moral, economic and legal implications of their decisions that make their business liable.
Understand strategic management of risks.
Appreciate the consequences of failing to manage health & safety effectively
Understand the importance of competent duty holders.
Recognise the need to appoint competent health & safety. Identify the basic tools for introducing a proactive health and safety culture into their organisation
- Health & Safety Strategy & Influences
- Accountability of Directors
- HASWA 74 & Criminal Offences Act
- Corporate Homicide & Manslaughter Act
- Importance of achieving best practice
- Human, Economic & Legal Costs
- Getting it Right
- CDM Duty Holders Roles
- Putting People to work safely
- Safety Leadership Action Plan