Construction Design & Management (CDM) Awareness
WHO SHOULD ATTEND ?
Anyone who may be appointed as a key duty holder under CDM Regulations The course also covers the requirements for a health and safety plan, health and safety file and project notification to the HSE.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
Delegates will have a good understanding of the Construction Design & Management (CDM)Regulations Roles & responsibilities of the Client, Designer, CDM Coordinator, Principal Contractor and Sub-Contractors.
- CDM Responsibilities - Review of duty holders & roles
- Designers risk assessments & site risk assessment.
- Site RAMS
- High Risk activities including Temporary Works.
- Risk Awareness – Scenarios to observe risks and issues.
- What happens when it goes wrong?
- Review of Duty Holders
- Being a Developer - Duty Holders
- The Role of a Client
- The Role of those who “Design”
- Designers Contributions to Mitigating Risk
- What should your CDM Co-ordinator do?
- Risk Elimination, Mitigation or Coordination
- Risk Assessments & Method Statements
- Principal Contractors & Contractors
- Contractors Plan, manage & monitor own work & that of workers
- Consult with the Workforce on H&S Matters Course